Donnie

Donnie
Pics all the time

Saturday, May 15, 2010

5-14-10 Riding withRick Copley

Well today was interesting, I went to Santos to get a good training ride in the morning before work. As I was getting ready, someone came to me and asked if he could use a tool to tighten his handlebars. He told me it was a new bike and he was just getting it broke in. So I asked him what trails he rides, he said all of them. I said cool could I ride with you, he said sure. So I told him alittle about the Wed. Night Series and headed out to hit my red loop. O K you can tell what kind of a rider your riding with in just a few minutes. So I knew that this guy could ride by the time we hit the new part of Cow Bone. So when we turned to go up Majic Mountain I said give me alittle room. So as I'am going over the top he's right there, but his pedal slips and he didn't make it. So right when I got over the top I caught some gears and tried to get alittle time on him. He didn't waste any time and got back on his bike quick. So by the time we got threw rattle snake He was right with me, we get back on Cow Bone and head right into Ant Hill, I cleaned that section no problem, and my friend was right with me. So we turn right on Dr. Ruth briefly than straight into John Brown. We both get threw it good. When we finish John Brown, we hit the double track all the way to Canopy, I said good time for a gu and good drink. Then we turn right on Canopy at full speed, we then hit Pine Tree for a 100 yards. Next its left on Marshmallow we finish that and go into the final leg Sink Hole. We were both feeling good so we went at it hard. I was leading into the rock garden when I had a mistake and he pounced, got by and took off. I set out after him, just waitng for him to miss a shift or loose a pedal, but he was just to good I was really having to ride perfect to be in position to pounce when he make's a mistake. We were at the near the top in the switchbacks and it happened, his frontend washed out and I went by, I said there it is. Now it was a sprint to the finish, and I had the jump. When we got to the parking lot he was 20 feet back. I stopped checked the time and was amazed. I knew I never went that fast before, but almost 2 minutes better wow. So we said good ride and went on are way to cool out.
So after a really good cool out ride on some really fun blue trails, I went back to Trailhead, and there's my new friend. We introduce ourselves and start talking, his name is Rick Copley and he is a top triathlete. He is also a fitness coach www.yourbestfitnesscoach.com check him out, he is going to try to make it out for our Wed. Night Series. Than I went home ate and rode my bike to work. I need to ride everyday, or I get lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment