Donnie

Donnie
Pics all the time

Thursday, May 13, 2010

My birthday ride.




Today was my birthday, I turned 46. I feel like I 'am 26 and in the best shape of my life. So I rode the 10 miles to the shop today in 41 minutes at a average speed of 14.1 mph. By far the fastest I have ever rode it. I did make friends on the trail again, this time they were from two different worlds, but the one thing that binds all of us together. That one thing is the bicycle and the love of riding. The first gentleman was at Santos recycling cans trying to just make alittle extra money off other peoples garbage. I told him we recycle everything at the bike shop and would try to put any aluminum aside for him to come and pick up. His bike is tired and he needs a new one. He's been in the shop and plans on buying one when his money comes in. The second gentleman was riding a sweet steel frame Niner that he had built from the ground up. This was his get back on a bike project after not riding for 10 years. I told him about the Wednesday Night Series and he really wants to participate. He is know as Swede Racer, I really hope he comes out on Wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment